Wednesday 5 November 2008

Spooky!












So "Hallowe'en", as it is correctly spelled, all you uneducated Americans, is a much darker and spoookier affair here in England. You have to dress up like something scary, no princesses, superheros, or characters, just good old fashioned witches, ghosts, and all things black. So we had a scary spider and a little skeleton. Katya would correct you if you said she was a little spider, "No, I'm big and Ollie is little. He's just a baby". We spent the day with our Austrian friends Max and Gisella and their two kids Niki and Beni. They were all so cute together. We didn't trick or treat, because it isn't really done like it is in America, but I think Katya ate more candy on Thursday and Friday nights then she has eaten in her whole life combined. So she was in no means deprived. We carved pumpkin, ate pumpkin soup, and in general ate too many chocolates and sweets. The night ended in the parents sitting in the front room having a second round of chocolate fondue, while the children took out every toy, puzzle, and game and dumped them in the middle of the room. We thought it was suspiciously quiet and payed the price for our indulgence. But everyone had fun!









2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like so much fun. I love it that your kiddies are totally being raised up British.

Rachel White said...

Leeda Buns -- I'm so excited I found your blog. {It wasn't easy because I didn't know your married name...} Anyway, I'd love to catch up!

Here is my blog:
http://thewhitedays.blogspot.com/
and email:
jrsbfam@msn.com

Love,
Rachel