Sunday 29 May 2011

Ella Margaret Ward

That smile says it all! I know someone who is really smitten. Katya turned to me today and just said, "Mommy I really love Ella!". It is very sweet!

Just behold that chub!!!

The legs are very munchable!!! 10lbs 3oz 20.5 inches.

He is pretty sweet with her too. He worries when she cries and is a bit afraid to hold her, thank heavens. We are encouraging softness.

So the short of it is...being induced is not wonderful. Labour was still short at 1 1/2 hours, but it was so intense and painful. I will share the whole birth story at a later date, but for today we are glad to be home, safe, and well!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful blessing and addition to your family! Glad she is healthy and strong.

Gramma Marty said...

I can't wait to hold little Ella in my arms and kiss her chubby cheeks!!! Can't believe I'll be there in 3 days to hug my Katya and Oliver too!! Oh, I also am excited to see my only little baby Leah and her husband Martin.

Heather Melo said...

Yeah!!!! Welcome home little Ella! We all love you here in Utah and can't wait to meet you! Good job on the chub!

Julie said...

I LOVE her name! And chubby babies are the cutest!!

eebs said...

Leah, that's awesome! Way to make it happen :X